“Logic will take you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”~ Albert Einstein
The Milbridge Commons Children’s Play Area
The Milbridge Commons Children’s Play Area is a priority feature that is part of Phase One to be completed in summer 2018.
Landscape architect Bruce John Riddell’s vision for the play area is an organic, exploratory space where children can move, play, and use their imaginations. The following elements are part of the concept plan:
- Ship Shape-Boulder Net – Rock with heavy net roping to give the subliminal shape of a ship bow with spider net and a real bronze ship wheel set flat on a wooden deck.
- Boulder Hop – irresistible stepping stones that beg the question “where does the pathway lead?”
- Climbing Rock Mound – a ledge scramble leading to the top of the hobbit house or bear’s den.
- Hobbit House or Bear’s Den – a spot for passive play.
- Rockin’ Lobster and Shakin’ Shark riding rocking spring elements provide traditional play for toddlers.
- Thunder Hole Cavern or Tunnel for climbing and exploring.
- Poetry Jumble – hand painted rocks that can be scrambled to create endless poetry.
- Dragon’s Lair – a sculpture of a dragon for play.
- Music Circle with life-size children’s instruments (that sound pretty regardless of the note played!)